“In The Coach’s Corner” will allow students, parents, and fans a chance to learn more about the current LCHS coaching staff. This week features Varsity Cheerleading Coach, Tonia Wilson.
1) What sports have you coached in your career? What classes do you currently teach?
I’ve coached JV cheerleading and I am currently the varsity cheerleading coach. I teach Dual Enrollment Courses for Early College, IBA, Web Design, and I’m the Yearbook Adviser
2) Tell us about your personal athletic career.
I ran track in High School. I ran the 4X4 Relay, 400 meter, and 800 meter.
3) How long have you been at LCHS?
This is my 16th year.
4) Describe your education background.
I’m a Lake City High Alumna, class of ’87. I graduated from Coker College with a BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Financial Management. I went through PACE and became a certified CATE Teacher. I received a Master’s in Technology Education from Lesley University. I am currently the District Teacher of the Year.
5) What is the best part of LCHS?
Supporting each other through the good and bad times. Doing what’s best for our students.
6) Favorite memory in LCHS athletics?
My favorite memory was the Varsity Basketball team making it to the State Championship and the Varsity girls making it to Lower State.
7) Describe Lake City High school student-athletes.
They are caring young men and women that know the importance of giving back to their community. They never cease to amaze me when they are asked to help.
8) Who are the teachers and coaches that made an impact in your life?
The teachers that made an impact on my life were the late Coach Ralph Graham, Mrs. Maria Branham Matthews, Mrs. Lela Carr, and the late Mrs. Mary Wilder.